Led by our renowned multi-disciplinary Faculty, the 2019 Cardiology Pulse Symposium (Formerly Cardiology Fiesta), will utilize an interactive format, focused on improving patient care to provide timely updates of scientific data, new technology and guidelines. Through topical debates, case-based presentations and interactive audience modalities, Cardiology Pulse will provide the attendee with updates on the rapidly evolving technology and cutting-edge therapy. By illustrating state-of-the-art evidence and best clinical practices as they apply to real world case patient scenario, attendees will gain the understanding of their role in providing care not only in their practice today but in the future as well.
By providing up-to-date topical reviews we will inform the attendee about how to achieve the best outcomes. This patient focused process will allow the attendee to weigh the risk versus benefits of therapeutic choices. The inclusion of precision medicine which will provide attendees with increasingly precise information about the molecular mechanism by which a person has developed cardiovascular diseases and facilitate focused approaches to optimize treatments to allow patients to deal with their personal disease. Taped cases will provide content focused presentations of how innovative procedures are performed along with the clinical decision process to decide between therapeutic options making clinical care choices. Cardiology Pulse will also offer focused sessions for Fellows and Nurses.
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
• Evaluate the emerging information regarding the human genotype/risk profile and cardiovascular disease.
• Review the new appropriate use guidelines and emerging concepts in treating specific patient populations who have arrhythmias and/or need anticoagulation.
• Contrast and compare emerging non-statin treatment strategies for reducing atherosclerosis.
• Review optimal treatment strategies for patients at risk of heart failure.
•Discuss the increasing role of percutaneous ventricular assist devices.
• Identify interventional techniques for treatment of atrial fibrillation and decreasing the risk of systemic embolization including medication and devices.
• Integrate the roles of transcatheter and surgical therapies in patients with complex valvular heart disease.
• Recognize the strategies for treating STEMI including improving return of spontaneous circulation.
• Describe treatment strategies for the management of complex peripheral vascular disease.
• Understand the current indications and outcomes of endovascular therapies of thoracic and abdominal aorta disease.
•Review the emerging indications for treating pulmonary embolism.
The 2019 Cardiology Pulse Symposium has been designed to meet the educational needs of:
• Interventional Cardiologists who wish to learn about new and emerging
• Non-Invasive Cardiologists and Physicians who manage patients with complex
• Physicians, including OB-GYN, who focus on care for women with heart disease.
• Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Intensive Care Nurses and Catheterization Laboratory
Personnel who wish to learn more about patient evaluation and care.
• General Practice Physicians who wish to improve their care of patients with
• Cardiothoracic Surgeons and cardiac anesthesiologist who routinely work with
cardiologists in managing complex patients.